So when I was in college, mp3 players sucked. They used actual batteries (with a life of about 6 hours) and held about twelve songs. So a lot of us stuck to CD players until the more useful mp3 technology showed up. One of my favorite things to do, especially as a gift for certain music-loving friends, was to burn audio CDs. Most of the time I would burn discs for driving, because that’s another thing I loved to do, back when I had a car.
But whereas a lot of my friends can throw together a mix CD in like fifteen minutes plus burn time, I take hours. Why does it take so long? Because of a little thing called “synthesis.” I will define my term as follows: synthesis is the act of compiling multiple elements into one single composition. There is often a flow to what I create.
I have already taken the liberty of linking as many songs as I can to YouTube. My internet is a little dodgy sometimes and YouTube doesn’t always cooperate so if some of these videos are broken I apologize, but I’m not going to hunt through videos trying to find obscure shit AND something that’ll cooperate on my connection, or this blog wouldn’t post until next Friday.
But for real, this is a playlist full of music that I describe as liquid sex. Take it literally, take it figuratively, I don’t care. But if you really want to know what grooves the Grice, it’s this shit right here. But expect to be in for a marathon: this bad boy runs 3 hours and 20 minutes long and I still want to add to it.
- Apoptygma Berzerk – Victoria’s Song (VNV Nation mix)
- Golden Boy feat. Miss Kittin – Rippin Kittin (Ellen Alien Mix)
- E Nomine – Wolfen (Das Tier in Mir)
- ASP – Dancing
- White Zombie – Blood, Milk, and Sky (Miss September Mix)
- Puscifer – Momma Sed
- Eagle-Eye Cherry – Death Defied By Will
- Rammstein – Rein Raus
- ASP – Imbecile Anthem
- Milla J – Rocket Collecting
- (hed)PE – Jesus (of Nazareth)
- White Zombie – Real Solution #9 (Mambo Mania Mix)
- Zeromancer – Cupola
- Bloodhound Gang – Something Diabolical
- ASP – Und Wir Tanzten (Ungeschickte Liebesbriefe)
- Puscifer – Indigo Children
- Sneaker Pimps – Small Town Witch
- Massive Attack – Karmacoma (Portishead Experience)
- White Zombie – Grease Paint and Monkey Brains (Sin Centers of Suburbia Mix)
- The Faint – The Geeks Were Right (Does it Offend You? Yeah Mix)
- White Zombie – Black Sunshine
- VNV Nation – Electronaut
- The Raveonettes – Twilight
- Puscifer – REV 22:20
- Rammstein – Stirb Nicht vor Mir (Don’t Die Before I Do)
- Garbage – Milke (Massive Attack Trance Mix)
- Depeche Mode – Dirt
- Zeromancer – Raising Hell
- Zeromancer – Philharmonic
- White Zombie – I’m Your Boogieman (Sex on the Rocks Mix)
- The Faint – The Conductor (Joy Electric Mix) (closest I could get on YouTube was the original)
- Tool – Parabol
- Tool – Parabola
- Rammstein – Wo Bist Du
- Android Lust – In the Arms of the Heretic
- Collide – Son of a Preacher Man (Ross H Remix) (again closest I could find)
- Rob Zombie – Girl on Fire
- The Coasters – Down in Mexico
- Eisbrecher – Fanatica
- Rammstein – Haifisch
- The Faint – Erection
- Blue Man Group – Persona
- VNV Nation – Endless Skies
If you actually listened to all of these songs…congratulations. It took almost as much time to put together the YouTube links as it did to make the list.
Now you may be wondering, if this is THAT kind of playlist, where’s the smooth jazz, the R&B? Those things are for people who lack imagination and creativity. Anyone can put on some Miles Davis or some John Coltrane or some Teddy Pendergrass or Marvin Gaye.
It takes skill to put together a list of songs from a dozen different artists and make them flow together.